Fire Mechanic I
The Fire Mechanic I:
The Superstition Fire & Medical District is seeking applicants for the position of Fire Mechanic. The Fire Mechanic is assigned to a Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm work schedule.
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will be an individual with the ability to perform the physically and mentally demanding job of a fire mechanic, demonstrate strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, have a willingness to learn and train, and adapt to necessary change. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with and serve both a multigenerational and diverse workforce and the public.
Required Training and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to two (2) years of journey-level mechanic experience, OR two (2) years as an Equipment Service Worker with demonstrated equipment mechanic abilities and/or apprenticeship as a mechanic.
- Qualified candidates that do not have an Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) certification will be given two (2) years from the date of hire to obtain the certification.
Salary and Benefits:
- Non-Exempt Position
- Salary Range: $45,009.06 – $60,316.45
- Excellent benefits package that includes:
- Paid Vacation and Illness Leave programs
- Annual Payout of Earned Leaves (upon reaching the established threshold)
- Uniform Allowance
- Cafeteria Benefit Medical and Dental Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, including Line of Duty benefit
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Arizona State Retirement System
To apply for the Fire Mechanic I position, applicants must submit a completed Employment Application via email to Jobs@sfmd.az.gov, by Monday, March 27th @ 7:00 AM.
Please put the position title in the subject of your email. Thank you.
Documents to review:
Fire Mechanic I Job Description