This recruitment is now closed. Please continue to check back on our website for future job openings. Thank you!
The Recruit Firefighter:
The Superstition Fire & Medical District is seeking applicants for Recruit Firefighter for establishment of an eligibility list.
The Ideal SFMD Recruit Firefighter Candidate:
- Has the ability to perform the physically and mentally demanding job of a firefighter
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Has a willingness to learn, train, and adapt to necessary change
- Has the ability to interact with and serve both a multigenerational and diverse workforce and the public.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of application
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency at the time of application
- Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Driver License. If you do not have an Arizona Driver License at time of application, you will be required to apply for one upon hire and maintain it throughout employment with SFMD
- Candidates must have a current EMT or Paramedic Certification, copies of which must be submitted with the application
- If you do not have Arizona certification, and you are successful through our recruitment process, reciprocity must be attained by the end of the Recruit Academy
- Applicants MUST submit proof of EMT or Paramedic Certification with their application
- Copies MUST include both sides of the certification cards. One-sided copies may disqualify your application
- Must have CPAT dated between May 18, 2021 through May 18, 2022
Salary and Benefits:
- Non-Exempt Position
- Entry Level Salary (during Recruit Academy): $45,095.16
- Salary Range (following Recruit Academy and assignment to shift): $50,799.95 to $68,075.85
- Excellent benefits package that includes:
- Paid Vacation and Illness Leave programs
- Annual Payout of Earned Leaves (upon reaching established threshold)
- Uniform Allowance
- Cafeteria Benefit Medical and Dental Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, including Line of Duty benefit
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- 457(B) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement System
How to Apply
All items need to be completed and submitted by Sunday, May 1, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
DEADLINE EXTENDED!! All items need to be completed and submitted by Sunday, May 15, 2022, at midnight.
To apply for the Firefighter Recruit position, applicants must submit the following documents to email@example.com
- Employment application
- Copy of a valid CPAT certification (CPAT test date must be between May 18, 2021 and May 18, 2022)
- Copy of both sides of your EMT or Paramedic Certification
CPAT Testing Information
If you have not completed the CPAT but wish to do so, see below for testing site options:
What to Expect During the Testing Process
The Superstition Fire & Medical District hiring process consists of the following:
- Written Exam – Tentatively scheduled for Thursday, May 19, 2022. This written exam is an aptitude exam designed to measure success in a training academy. It consists of Reading Comprehension, Math Ability, Teamwork & Customer Service, Mechanical Aptitude, and Map Reading.
- Panel Interview – Tentatively scheduled for July 11-14, 2022. Candidates who successfully pass the written exam may move on to interview with a panel of three SFMD employees.
- Intern Academy – Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 30, 2022, and Sunday, July 31, 2022. Candidates who successfully pass the panel interview may be invited to participate in a two-day intern academy.
- Fire Chief/Labor Interview – Tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, August 3, and Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
***Dates included in this announcement are subject to change without notice***
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law, the Superstition Fire & Medical District provides equal opportunities for applicants and district members regardless of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and any other classification or status protected by law. The District does not show partiality or grant any special status to any applicant, member, or group of members unless otherwise required by law.
Documents to review: