Reporting a Fire Hazard or Fire Code Violation
The Superstition Fire & Medical District can assist in resolving most hazardous conditions, specifically those involving violations of the locally adopted edition of the International Fire Code. We welcome and encourage everyone to be vigilant in identifying these hazards and promptly reporting them to the fire district.
SFMD personnel will normally be able to respond within 24-48 hours of the reported hazardous condition or code violation. If you feel the condition or violation you are reporting is an imminent life-safety hazard, we would encourage you to use the 911 system instead of this reporting mechanism.
We are often called about highly frustrating matters that are not specific violations of the Fire Code. Though our authority is limited to the enforcement of the locally adopted Fire Code, we will do our best to help direct you to the proper department or experts to help you.
The Fire District CANNOT help you with the following matters:
- Landlord-Tenant disputes unless directly related to a Fire Code violation.
- Neighbor disputes unless directly related to a Fire Code violation.
- Abandoned vehicles. (Please call AJPD, PCSO or MCSO)
- Litter and graffiti removal. (Please call City AJ or Pinal Co. Public Works)
- Illegal dumping. (Please call AJPD, PCSO or MCSO)
- Repair or maintenance of Fire Hydrants. (Please call Arizona Water or the Apache Junction Water Department)
- Weed abatement issues. (Please call the City of AJ Code or Pinal County Compliance)