Keep Water Fun!
Superstition Fire & Medical District want to remind everyone, it only takes a second for a child to drown.
- Always Provide Undistracted Supervision at All Times – NO Talking or Texting
- Keep Pool Fences and Self-Latching Gates in Good Working Order – NEVER Prop Open
- Keep Toys Out of Pool Area – NEVER leave chairs near pool fence for kids to climb
- Use Coast Guard Approved Life Vests – NEVER Use Inflatable Floaties or Rings
- Make Sure Everyone In Your Family Knows How To Swim & Knows CPR
While pools, spas, and bodies of water present an obvious danger to children, many parents forget about other parts of their home or lifestyle that may contain standing water; i.e. toilets, bathtubs, buckets, ice chests, fountains, fish tanks, garden ponds, wells and drainage ditches are just some examples. All of these should be emptied or kept completely out of your child’s reach.