Child Passenger Safety
The Superstition Fire & Medical District’s Child Passenger Safety Program teaches parents and caregivers how to properly install child safety seats into their vehicle.
To request an appointment with a Car Seat Technician, click the button below or contact us at (480) 982-4440.
Did you know …
- the number one killer of children in Arizona is motor vehicle crashes?
- one simple item could help save countless children is a properly installed child safety seat?
- 4 out of every 5 child car seats are installed incorrectly?
- one third of children are riding in the wrong restraints for their age and size?
- over 1/3 of children use the wrong restraint for their size and age?
- children 5-8 years old should be riding in belt-positioning booster seats?
If you see an unbuckled child in a moving vehicle, call 1-800-505-BABY, be prepared to provide:
- the license number and state on the car
- the city where the violation occurred,
- the location of the child (front seat, driver’s lap, etc.)
The vehicle owner will receive a letter saying that an unbuckled child was observed, and that the law requires children under five to be properly secured. The letter is not a ticket, but serves as a chance to inform the owner of the vehicle about keeping children safe in the car.
For more information please visit the Arizona Government of Highway Safety.